401Gives PRIZE NOTES:
"Just because you don't win - doesn't mean you're not a winner!"
• Prizes are subject to changes.
• Matching Gifts - Maximum match per unique donor, per nonprofit is $500.00. i.e. One donor could give $500 to 4 different nonprofits. All of their gifts would be matched. One donor could give $1,000 to one nonprofit and only $500 of it would be matched.
• A “Unique Donor” is defined as one gift of $10 or more to one organization from one donor. (i.e. 10 - $10 gifts to the same nonprofit from one donor are considered one "unique donor.") Anyone who attempts to game the system runs the risk of being caught in our audit. Prizes may be withheld if unique donors cannot be verified.
• Prizes may be revoked or withheld if donations or matches can’t be validated or if donations do not qualify as “Unique Donors,” including falsifying donor email addresses or matches.
• Online gifts prior to 4/1 are eligible for the prizes but not for the matches. (Website opens 3/29/20 for online donor gifts).
• "Offline" gifts are not eligible for prize or matching money.
• In the event of ties, prizes will be split.
• Nonprofits can only win one random hourly prize throughout the day. In addition to an hourly prize, they could win the Board Commitment prize and they can also win Ancho Prize / Donors OR Anchor Prize / Dollars. Nonprofits that won in previous year are eligible for prizes.
• United Way of Rhode Island is not eligible for prize and match money.
• Nonprofits must be registered with an operating budget in order to be classified as a small (operating budget less than $1 million) or large (operating budget more than $1 million) nonprofit, and may be subject to validation against 990's.
• Prize awards are subject to audit and will be finalized no later than April 4, 2021 at noon.
• Match and prize money will be distributed to nonprofits by April 30, 2021.