401Gives PRIZE NOTES:
WATCH this Video to hear about Match specifications:
There are three different time slots for matching gifts this year:
Specifications are similar to last except since there are three matching time slots the overall 24 hours cap per donor, PER nonprofit is $500.
6am - $25K - RI Foundation Match
Same as last year - Maximum match per unique donor, per nonprofit is $500. i.e. One donor could give $500 to 4 different nonprofits. As long as the money is still available, all of their gifts will be matched. One donor could give $1,000 to one nonprofit and only $500 of it would be matched.
12noon - $25K – RI Foundation Match
Same as above – BUT Maximum donor can give overall during all THREE match timeslots is $500. i.e. if donor already donated $500 to a nonprofit at 6am and it was matched, that is the maximum match for the day. If a donor gave $100 to a nonprofit at 6am and it was matched and decided to give another $100 at noon to same nonprofit, then that will be matched also.
4:01pm - $20K Papitto Opportunity Connection Match
Same at RI Foundation Match with $500 Maximum per donor. And maximum donor can give overall during all THREE matches is $500.
Maximum match per unique donor, per nonprofit is $500. i.e. One donor could give $500 to 4 different nonprofits. As long as the money is still available, all of their gifts will be matched. One donor could give $1,000 to one nonprofit and only $500 of it would be matched.
AGAIN... It is NOT a $500 match cap per nonprofit, it is $500 PER DONOR, PER nonprofit. Theoretically all your gifts up to $500 per donor could be matched.
• A “Unique Donor” is defined as one gift of $5 or more to one organization from one donor. (i.e. 10 - $5 gifts to the same nonprofit from one donor are considered one "unique donor.") Anyone who attempts to game the system runs the risk of being caught in our audit. Prizes may be withheld if unique donors cannot be verified.
• Prizes may be revoked or withheld if donations or matches can not be validated or if donations do not qualify as “Unique Donors,” including falsifying donor email addresses or matches.
• Online gifts prior to 4/1 are eligible for the prizes but not for the matches - UNLESS otherwise indicated. (Website opens 3/31/22 at 6am for online donor gifts).
• "Offline" gifts are not eligible for prize or matching money.
• In the event of ties, prizes will be split.
• Prizes are subject to changes. If any of the prize categories/specifications are not met, it is up to the discretion of the 401Gives administrative team to issue prize money other than listed above.
• Nonprofits can only win one random hourly prize throughout the day. In addition to an hourly prize, they could win the Board Commitment prize, Anchor Prize, Donor Dynamics Prize, Rookie of the Year, “With experience comes wisdom,” and Peer-to-Peer fundraiser prizes. Nonprofits that won in previous year ARE eligible for prizes.
• United Way of Rhode Island is not eligible for prize and match money.
• Nonprofits must be registered with an operating budget (small, medium, or large) in order to be classified as a small, medium, or large nonprofit, and may be subject to validation against 990's. Budget sizes:
Small – budget of $1-$500K
Medium – budget of $501K - $2M
Large – budget over $2M+
• Prize awards are subject to audit and will be finalized no later than April 5, 2022, 5pm.
• Match and prize money will be distributed to nonprofits by May 15, 2022 at the latest.