Community Champions for 401Gives
Community Champions are seen as partners for the 401Gives efforts. We are relying on Community Champions to help spread the word about this statewide giving campaign, raising the visibility of our great state's nonprofit sector.
Benefits of Being a Community Champion for 401Gives:
- Increased Exposure to Regional and Statewide communities
- Helping to promote philanthropy and service throughout Rhode Island
- Ready-to-Use Communications Toolkit to help you promote 401Gives to your employees, members, or outreach channels
- Creative Ideas to Get More Involved and to network with other leaders in the community
Expectations of Community Champions:
Community Champions should see their involvement as a way to take part in a community focused giving day for the greater good of Rhode Island. At a minimum we ask that Champions send one communication per month on the 401Gives initiative leading up to April 1st (we provide you with the copy, tweets, posts and more) to your constituents. This includes email, tweets, or other social media shares. Here are some other ways you can help out:
- General awareness and outreach
- Include 401Gives in any newsletter leading up to April 1
- Sponsorship of prizes (cash or in-kind) that can be given away to nonprofits during the day
- Promote the event with creatively branded outreach goods or 401Gives Swag!
Community Champions' Toolkit:
- Review our Community Champion Toolkit, which provides you all the materials and guidance you need to be a Community Champion.